Friday, January 4, 2013

Vanilla Pudding Fudge Cookies


First off.. Happy New Year :) My resolution should be to become more current and up to date on my blog.
I'm happy to say that I did complete my resolutions for last year, which was to have healthy hair. I think I did a good job of taking care of my hair, and I'm pretty proud of myself. My hopes for this year are more on the financial side, chipping away at my ridiculous student loans. I think it will take longer than a year. I want to save more as well, and make my Etsy everything it can be.

Not much of a surprise to you guys, but I love midnight baking.

 I had to feed my baking passenger otherwise I would go loco scanning through profiles and profiles..I mean pictures on Pinterest. I'm really watching too much Dexter. I was behind a couple of episodes but caught up quickly.

So yeah I found a scrumptious photo on Pinterest. I'm not going to lie, I never heard of pudding cookies.
I was like whaaaaat?? Yes, please!!

I made little cookies, perfect for midnight snackers like myself. I can shamelessly bring up 5 cookies in my room, and brush it off because they are small.

Don't you just love that moment when you look in your cupboards and some of the ingredients you need aren't there! I typically plan recipes, but not today. Of course there wasn't chocolate chips downstairs. So I said fine, I'll cut up some mini Milky Way Bars that are in the freezer. Noo. There was only one in the freezer in this big bag. How rude. It was okay because I didn't realize they were Carmel Apple anyway.

So, I used a can of fudge in the back of the pantry. It worked out well, I would love to add Reece's Pieces next time.


Vanilla Pudding Fudge Cookies
Yield: 1.5 dozen
(adapted recipe via Tea Peas & Their Pod)

1/2 cup of butter, room temperature
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1.7 oz vanilla instant pudding mix [half of a box of pudding mix]
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup fudge* (add more if needed)

* Can substitute fudge for 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.

Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Using a mixer, beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add in pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla extract. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in fudge.

Drop cookies by rounded tablespoon(s) onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until slightly golden and set.


2 comments:

  1. super yummy :P
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    ReplyDelete