Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fudge. It's Halloween!!

I wish I was doing something exciting for Halloween like going to a party and picking out a clever costume. Instead I will be watching scary movies and snacking on popcorn & fudge. We didn't buy candy for trick-or-treaters because only one person knocked on the door the last Halloween I was in Australia.


I used Cadbury Dark Chocolate 70% and Cadbury Roast Almond Chocolate.

The recipe I used below is fabulous and it is really simple. There was hardly any prep involved, I just broke the chocolate up with my hands into squares so it would melt easier. The only thing I had to scale was butter...sweet!


Chocolate Fudge
(recipe via The Cake Mistress)

395 g Sweet Condensed Milk
50 g Unsalted Butter (cubed)
200 g Dark Chocolate
200 g Dark Chocolate (flavor of choice)

Coat square cake tin with cooking spray, line the cake tin with parchment paper. In a medium sauce pan, heat sweet condensed milk and butter on low heat until melted.
Continue to stir the mixture to avoid it from sticking to the bottom of the pan and burning.

While the mixture is warm stir in the chocolate until completely melted.
Immediately pour the fudge into the cake tin.
Smooth the top and refrigerate until firm (2-4 hours).
When it sets cut the fudge into squares. Store in a airtight container at room temperature.
After a few hours out my fudge was getting too warm so I had to store it in the fridge.

I always wanted to be Belle for Halloween but every year I was a witch  -_ - 
Is anyone dressing up Halloween this year???

1 comment:

  1. This looks so super YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!..........I'm good try these as soon as i get the chance.
    Much Love
    Chari T (Deep Fried Stilettos)xoxo

    ReplyDelete