Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Splendour In the Grass


I know. I know. I have been a bit MIA around my blog and twitter for that matter. But if you have been to my blog in the past, you will notice I have made some minor changes. I made a new banner, I actually made five, but I chose to go with the one above.

So besides that. I went to Splendour in the Grass! It was a couple of weeks ago in Byron Bay, NSW. It's a three day music festival. We ended up going only on Sunday, of course it would of been cool to see Bloc Party performing on Saturday, but not at the price.

Oh I should also note that this was my first festival experience. But if I could have done anything it would have been to wear rainboots, or wellies. They were selling them for $60, but they were ugly& cheap looking. I'm pretty sure Target has cuter ones than those. Luckily I took off my new pair of ASOS boots in the car and put on my loafers before walking over.

It was soo muddy! Really deep mud too. My loafers were getting sucked off my feet constantly so I walked like a snail, and by the end of the night mud was in my toes!!!

We saw FUN, Metric, The Kooks, The Smashing Pumpkins, and others...

Metric was amazing!! Smashing Pumpkins were the final act, and they stole the show.  I couldn't stop humming there songs weeks after, I'm still humming Metric, but that's normal.

Enjoy the pics! We took decent photos of Djanjo Django, and FUN, if anyone wants me to post those too.

But here's Metric & Smashing Pumpkins..







Hee hee, oh and why do giants stand in the the very very front at concerts? You can see over everyone! I'm 5'2, so I had to stand on my tip-toes a lot.

10 comments:

  1. I love concerts and fetivals! It´s always so much fun! Sounds like you enjoyed yourself too ;)

    http://nudelovesnerd.blogspot.de/

    xxx
    D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your blog btw :) Yes, I had a blast, can't wait till my next concert!

      Delete
  2. that concert sure does look fun!
    :) :)
    i love your blog. Would you like to follow each other??

    curcolat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet Smashing Pumpkins was AMAZING! I've always wanted to see them... that would be a dream :) How did you like the Kooks? I love a few of their songs.
    Also, I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the new design (for your blog) It's a beauty :)

    Best,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were amazing! They have a new album so I'm sure they will be touring in the states soon, if they aren't already! The Kooks were good, but I only know two of their songs!

      Delete
  4. I know I hate when people taller than me stand in the concerts!

    HippieChicPao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so annoying, it's the only time I wish I was taller :p

      Delete
  5. awww THOSE BABY LAMBS! I'm a sucker for baby animals as you can tell! Great Photos!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I wanted to bring one home with me. Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete