Monday, August 15, 2011

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


I went to a huge farmers market last week. I bought fontina cheese, the best cheese for a grilled sandwich, in my opinion. I was bummed I couldn't find Australian beer, but I did get my hands on Australian style yogurt. I seriously been eating 2 or more yogurts a day. I also bought fresh fruits and herbs, that I am excited to use.
I made oatmeal raisin cookies that only lasted a day around my family. I found the recipe under the lid of my Quaker Oatmeal container. I did a half recipe, but next time I will definitely have to do a full one.

Oatmeal Raisin Nut Cookies
(adapted from Quaker Oats) Yield: 4 dozen
1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups Quaker® Oats
1 cup raisins
1 cup walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 F. Use an electric mixer to beat butter and sugar until its creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, continue to mix until the eggs are incorporated. Next, add the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Keep on mixing, be sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl. Add oats, raisins, and walnuts; mix well.

Line baking tray with parchment paper. Drop tablespoons of dough on sheet tray. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or until they reached a golden color. My cookies weren't all the way done when I pulled them out, they continue to bake on the sheet tray. **Secret for a moist cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment