Friday, August 19, 2011

Chocolate Moon Pies

Well, it has certainly been a very long week. I'm kind of in a rut at the moment, but I am trying to be as optimistic as I can. It has been really difficult finding a job in the Baking field. I would love an apprenticeship opportunity or something entry level so I can train more. I'm really eager to have a career and be a working girl. I still have not watched Working Girl, I know it will be a great movie though. There is something special about 80's movies, maybe it is the fashion.   
I recently ate an entire pack of Banana Moon Pies, all by myself. I didn't eat them all in one sitting but the notion was tempting. I decided to make my own moon pies, with my own flavorful marshmallows. I made up a fresh batch of strawberry & vanilla marshmallow creme. Delish! I dipped the sandwich cookies in a delectable chocolate coating from my local farmers market. 
The chocolate took awhile to set, and I was a bit worried about it at first. Luckily, I brushed up on my chocolate tips, and I am sure they will set in no time.
Don't they look really yummy?

2 comments:

  1. Karen I love your shop and blog.Everything looks so yummy...love those moon pies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I enjoyed reading your blog as well :)

    ReplyDelete